Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 2010

The old Breast Cancer comes back to haunt me as I wait to have my medical this week to find out whether I can take up an 18 month assignment in the Solomon Islands with Australian Volunteers International (AVI). I will be absolutely devastated to get this far and lose out because of my medical history. Here's hoping all will be good.

It's been a hard last few months as so many friends I've made because of breast cancer have succumbed to this shit of a disease. One of my dearest, Lesley, is currently in a hospice, drugged to manage the pain, with not much time left. Losing friends over the last few months has made me even more determined to not be on my death bed at some point in the future wishing I'd done things like the Solomon Islands adventure.

Bring on Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment